Fun event for the entire family.
Medals given to the fastest Woman/Man & oldest/youngest runners/walkers.
All participants will a receive recognition reward.
Enjoy exciting giveaways.
Waukegan Township Cares presents an opportunity for you to give back to our senior citizens! Walk for a cause - those who are 55 and older! This 5K for Labor Day Walk/Fun Run will not only benefit our seniors in need, it is fun for the whole family. Join us as we celebrate Labor Day with a special race!
The 5k RUN Begins at 9:00 am
The 5k WALK Begins at 9:10am
*Both events will use the same course, but results will be posted seperately. Competitive and non-competitive runners and participants looking to run/walk, please register for the "Run." The "Walk" event is for participants who will be walking the entire course only.
Call (847) 244-9242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
* US Track & Field Certified
* Professional Timing Service
- Waukegan Township Park Place presents its 17th Annual 5K For Labor Day...Run/Walk for Seniors on Saturday, September 2, 2017. Come rain or shine, bring your family, friends, clubs, groups, organizations and walk 3.5 miles with us to help support programs for senior citizens in our community.
- The 5K will take place at Independence Grove in Libertyville, IL to raise money for senior services.
- Your support is critical in helping Park Place sustain its mission of providing high quality services to those 55 or better.
- Awards will be given to the fastest woman/man walker & runner to complete the course and the oldest and youngest walker/runner. Everyone will receive a medal of participation!
- After the race, enjoy food and giveaways! be a part of this great opportunity to give back to those who have given so much to our community.
$35 fee per walker/runner with advance signup at http://5kForLaborDay.itsyourrace.com/
Pre-registration is strongly encouraged and registrations will be accepted at Park Place, 414 S. Lewis, Waukegan IL and online. Onsite registration will begin at 7:00 a.m., Saturday September 2, 2017. Each participant with $35 or more will receive an event t-shirt!
- Event T-Shirt
- Donation to our Senior Citizens
All monetary donations are welcomed.
Sponsorship opportunities available! For information call (847) 244-9242 or email email@example.com
* Waukegan Township will provide shuttle bus service from Park Place, 414 S. Lewis Ave to Independence Grove